It’s my birthday today and I’m feeling nostalgic. Isn’t it a little too early for me to be 22 though??
I started the day feeling very uninterested and somewhat sad, but my younger sisters baked me cake and it’s really hard to argue with cake. That was a solid case, I won’t lie. So I gave in.
I still feel unaccomplished and just weird but I realized that, maybe I feel this way because I did not have a well mapped out goal for life up to now. It’s just a hazy sketch I have in my head which doesn’t cut it for me anymore. So I guess you already understand why you’re here now reading this. I want to know I’m not heading for a finish line that keeps shifting so I need you to bear witness. If you see anybody trying to play smart by shifting the goal post, kindly raise alarm – even if that person is me. Stand against injustice!
Here’s 15 things I would love to have achieved by 25. Let’s just say a bucket list, but for 25:
- Write a bestselling book, or two.
- Move to a new country.
- Teach 1000 people intentionally to live simple, productive lives.
- Visit at least 15 countries.
- Learn to play the violin
- Finally learn to stop laughing at serious matters.
- Get another degree (another Masters or Ph.D)
- Address a >3000 crowd
- Have a skincare routine.
- Learn to bake.
- Own a house.
- Have seven 6-figure (at least) streams of income.
- Get 500 children off the streets and into school.
- Set up a foundation for sickle cell and education.
- Sing in front of a crowd.
Some mundane, some life-changing. These are 15 things that form my checklist for 25. Hopefully, my 25th birthday wouldn’t have me all gloomy and sad like this one did.
I received a lot of messages and calls today, and my heart is full. If you sent in one, I appreciate you so much!
Cheers to 22!
Yours waiting for grey hair,